Saturday, March 13, 2010

Planning Well To Be Well Wasted

St. Patrick's Day is not too far away and many people are planning to get wasted at a bar on said day night whether they know the history of St. Patrick's Day or not. Although, I'm sure they wont remember much by the morning after, so I shall spare your eyes with a history lesson (it's really, really boring and I don't know why tortured myself by reading up on it) and skip to the next on the list of matter.

From observing (of what I can remember) the last few St. Patrick's Days, I figured this year's should be somewhat different or rather, well planned. It appears that as simple as it sounds, "let's go drink." isn't something a lot of people can do without some difficulties. Don't get me wrong: it's the "let's go" part I'm worried about, not the "drink" part.

In the past year's my buddies and I have gone to pubs on St. Patrick's Day. This year, we decided to party in one of their places instead as it'll have more breathing room, and practically no wait time on your drinks. Not to mention it is also financially sound, it might be a wise choice for anyone to do the same (depending on whose place you're crashing).

What I also decided to do is to slowly buy liquor at the LCBO in small amounts after work now and then so by next Wednesday (St. Patrick's Day), I would have the amount of liquor I desire to have. If anyone was at an LCBO on St. Patrick's day, they very well know the only thing more chaotic than that would be a Walmart on Black Friday where pregnant ladies get trampled over the crowd.

My last tip (not really a tip) is to actually enjoy the drinks as well as the time you're spending that evening. Far too many young people are just drinking to get drunk. That's fine; that's what young people do (according to the mass media)... but it's fine only if the booze is some low-quality trash that you paid a dollar per bottle for. If you're aiming for to have some class (regardless of age), at least enjoy the drinks (I can't really explain this well until you really figure out how to, but I guess that comes with age... or drinking plenty in the past) and make sure you bought some good quality booze. And by no means mistake it with enjoying the taste of it.

Either way, I hope your St. Patrick's Day will be a blast as well and if you're planning on partying in as I am, don't forget the food colouring (green or blue depending on beer colour) to amp up the spirit of things.

Now here are some random facts about St. Patrick's Day:
- Many places are dyed in green colour on St Patrick's Day, one of them being the famous Chicago River.
- The original colour of representing St. Patrick's Day was actually blue, not green.
- St. Patrick's birth-name is Maewyn Succat.
- St. Patrick's Day was originally celebrated by the Roman Catholics in celebration and tribute to St. Patrick's actions through his time of serving God, as they would feast on the day. Now, many people simply get drunk without knowing any of this and the people of the church are fighting a struggling battle to win back the glory of the day and it's symbol. I may not be a religious man, but I will cheer the church on from the side... by drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As long as it isn't spam, sure, go ahead and leave a comment.
=]