Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Hate Perfectionists- Oh Wait, That's Me Too!

For the last week or so, I've been rather busy with several things. Actually, just two things; my day job and editing a short documentary for a co-worker of mine (and hopefully it'll be published!). The editing is done (for now), but even still, I think it's safe to say the busy days (and nights) are here to stay for a while.
I'll be quite honest on my thoughts about editing any video: I hate it. Yes, I get better every time I edit something, but it's tedious, time-consuming, and worst of all, it brings out the perfectionist-side of me. In the film and broadcasting industry, that's the mindset you need to have; you simply cannot stop with "just good enough" work, you need to aim and achieve the "perfect" work. My co-worker saw that in me and requested for my help as an editor, which I took up on since it was for a good cause either and hey, it may help to get my name out there, who knows?
But going back to the perfectionist-side of me, here. I hate it for several reasons. First, when I get into my "perfectionist-mode" every single one of my cells in my body is trying to defy my philosophy called, "No human is perfect." It also reminds me of somebody I used to know in the past who was a perfectionist. For some reason seeing a perfectionist used to get me pissed off back then, but I guess I just regret how I didn't understand why we all need to be perfectionists sometimes.
Anyway, here is my advice to all the perfectionists out there: Don't forget that we can't be perfect in an imperfect world and sometimes, things are most beautiful because it is imperfect.
Well, time for me to get some sleep while I still can. I barely slept for the past week due to editing -.-;;

No comments:

Post a Comment

As long as it isn't spam, sure, go ahead and leave a comment.
=]