Saturday, January 15, 2011

So Long 1800 Tequila

In a blink of an eye, several months have passed by since my last post. Upon my return, I bring nothing- absolutely nothing but bad news.


My favorite tequila will no longer be sold in Ontario. Legally.

Luckily, I was able to find an-already-well-enjoyed-bottle from one of the parties among X-mas and new year parties for sentimental purposes.


While I was on a search for the "right" tequila, I came across the 1800: Select Silver Tequila. It wasn't the cheapest tequila in the selection, but it wasn't the most expensive either. What caught my attention was the 50% alcohol level instead of the regular 40% I've been seeing. This meant I could get drunker faster! I wasn't too wrong about that. Something about the 1800 made me come back for it again and again.


The downside of the 1800 was that, since it was a silver tequila, it really wasn't meant for mixing with other drinks, unlike a gold tequila. It over powered whatever it was being mixed with. It was like mixing 1800 with food colouring. That only meant it was best enjoyed by itself. Or at least with some salt and lime.


Another interesting feature about the 1800 that I liked, was the bottle design. If you hold the bottle upside down, the drink would go into the bottle cap. While this did pretty much nothing to the flavor, it added some entertaining value to the 1800 itself.

Now I'm on a journey to find another tequila again. Hopefully this time around, I'll find something that wont leave the province 5 months after we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As long as it isn't spam, sure, go ahead and leave a comment.
=]