Sunday, March 13, 2011

Trip: Montreal - Food

Last time, I talked about the transit system of Montreal, the Metro and trashed talk did a comparison with Toronto's TTC. Shifting gears this time, though with no ill feelings towards anything: This post will cover my favorite topic about Montreal.

Food.

And damn, was it good.

The very first meal I had while I was in Montreal was at none other than Schwartz's. Luckily, by the time I was there, I had beaten the rush line up, as the whole place was just filled with people (like most of the time). The food, especially, the smoked meat sandwich (with cherry cola on the side) is simply that good. So good, that there's a film based on Schwartz's.

The concept of smoked meat sandwich is simple. Meat, bread, some more meat, topped with some mustard. But when you first take a bite... It's... almost as if you found something that's been missing in your life. I may be hyping this up more it should be, but you'll know when you try it. You just gotta try it. The taste. The texture. The sensation. It's like a smoked-meat-gasm in your mouth.

And of course, trying a "real" poutine in Montreal was quite an eye opener as well. Most places you go for food in Montreal, normally has a menu section dedicated to types of poutines you can order. For the poutine, I was at Brisket Montreal. A little bit pricy compared to some other places I ate at, but overall, very much worth the price. I really wish I could go on and actually talk about both the smoked meat sandwich and the poutine in more detail, but there just isn't a single word that could describe how awesome they are. My only concern is getting used to food back here in Toronto. I said there will be ill feelings towards anything earlier this post, but I haven't been able to find food that could top the ones I had in Montreal, which is very sad and even making me hungry as I'm writing up this post. Needless to say, food is probably what I miss the most about Montreal. I mean, you just take a bite of the smoked meat sandwich and you get the "This is it" moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As long as it isn't spam, sure, go ahead and leave a comment.
=]